Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Real World, Belmopan


(two friends enjoy the mud. one of my favorite pictures.)

Another training over, I headed to the capital. It was a wonderfullly quiet evening of getting to know this new person, unwinding with music and conversation. Laughter and silence. Rest.

Saturday morning it rained hard and didn't let up for hours. Woke up slowly while the rain poured. Some male volunteers would be playing in a fubtol game this afternoon against the 4H team. The rain slowed. Covered in a raincoat and my umbrella at my side, I stood on the sidelines. They slipped and dove in mud, losing 7-0 as we cheered them on. Enjoyed lunch- cheap burritos and sugary sour lime juice. Relaxed away the late afternoon. The night held entertainment at friends' homes. Texas Hold'Em, vegetarian chili, music. In the attached apartment, dominoes were slammed on the table.

The next morning was rainy and slow. By the afternoon I had pulled myself onto a bus. Hopped from this hour and a half bus to the next, without waiting in the terminal. Oh joyous occasion! It's the little things that make a great weekend just that much better.
The bus played Bryan Adams and I mouthed the words. Finally I made it home, a little over 3 hours later. And I felt exhausted. Wonderfully exhausted.

Something told me this would be the first of many weekends in the capital.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home